I welcome you to my offices and invite you to take the time to read this brief introduction to the services I provide.
I offer psychotherapy and counseling services to individuals and couples in a comfortable, safe, and private setting.
I specialize in treating anxiety, depression, and trauma, using a short-term, outcome-focused style of working. Since it is my belief that most issues therapists are asked to address are traumagenic, I also address anger, grief, relationship issues, and substance abuse.
My primary method of working is Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) with significant elements of Emotional Transformation Therapy (ETT), Rational Emotive Therapy (RET), and other Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) methods.
These methods are variously used in individual and couples counseling. They are also adapted to chemical dependency, career, and rehabilitation counseling, according to your individual needs in removing obstacles and reaching your goals.
I also treat the affective elements of physical disorders for more effective pain management that has proven helpful to many patients. I receive referrals from the Flatwater Foundation and from physicians for treating the affective component of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
For those who wish to learn clinical applications of NLP, I offer training for individuals and small groups.
With experience as a counselor and therapist since 1978, I try to employ a healthy measure of good sense and a practical approach to most issues. My overarching objective is to assist you in living your life to the fullest, and I will use any and all tools best suited to that task.
Dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic has placed new demands upon therapists in providing a safe and effective environment in which to work. Most therapists have chosen to limit themselves to virtual interactions, but I have not.
- When you enter my offices, you can be assured the place you are entering is a hygienic environment.
- I will have sanitary bathroom facilities, alcohol spray and alcohol wipes for your use.
- Clients have the choice to wear a mask or not. I have received all my vaccinations, so masking is not required.
- I will not be practicing social distancing at all times, as touching (the hand and arm only) is required for anchoring internal states, a practice employed in NLP. Close proximity is also necessary for certain ETT protocols.
- FaceTime or telephonic sessions may be arranged after a therapeutic alliance has been established.